Off-Page SEO Explained
One piece of SEO is off-page SEO, referring to external factors such as links, page authority and social reputation of your website. These are factors that occur away from your site that help improve overall search results.
A quality site that is easy to use and provides useful content is more likely to have links from other websites, more mentions on social media, and is more likely to be shared.
- Add new content to your site by blogging several times a month on topics that are relevant to your audience
- Research keywords and optimize content for improved search performance
- Create a content calendar to outline the frequency of posting all the content you create throughout the year
- Research topics and trends to make sure that your content will reach the widest audience
- Create blog posts with the intent of sharing on social media
- Blogging should be deliberate and consistent.
- Use a content calendar to organize blog posts and ensure topics are well thought out and researched
- Quality is more important than quantity
- Provide a value to your readers, create unique content and share it with your audience on social media
Images and Video
- According to HubSpot, Facebook posts with images see 2.3X more engagement and Tweets with images receive 150% more retweets than tweets without images
- Create quality images and videos to summarize written form content and improve engagement
- Ensure efficiency and market your brand to a very specific audience and demographic
- Connect with customers and give them a voice, creating loyalty and advocates for your brand
- Monitor topics and trends and reach the widest audience
- Segment your campaigns by location and demographics to ensure effectiveness.
- It’s hard to determine the value of any web page if there are no links pointing to it, no matter how useful or in-depth the content might be
- Build good relationships with other websites in your industry by linking to other relevant site
- Measure the results of your campaigns to understand what resonated most with your audience and improve it
- Measure the performance of blog posts to ensure the content you create is driving the traffic you expect
- If something is working well, do more of it, if something is not working, change up the strategy
Off-page SEO is only one aspect of search engine optimization, which also focuses on on-page optimizations and technical SEO. Follow these steps and begin to improve the performance of your website pages in search engine results.